Recipe by foxfyre
My personal favorite stir-fry recipe. Great on its own, or over rice! For the curious: the seasoning mix adds maybe another 10 calories per serving. You could also try adding bean sprouts, sliced mushrooms, and sugar snap pea pods.
Top Review by CraftScout
The flavor on this was really good, but I REALLY needed a big wok for this one! I wasn't able to stir fry this so much as constantly turn everything over in place with my tongs -once the veggies were in, it filled my biggest skillet and then some! But for all the hassle of cooking it, it tasted really wonderful over rice! I added some green and yellow pepper strips. I will be making this again, but maybe only for myself, so I can make a smaller batch! :)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 5 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) canssliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can baby corn
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (3/4 ounce) envelopesun-bird stir fry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
To Prepare Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix seasoning, soy sauce, sugar, water, and garlic in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in large (12" or greater) skillet or wok.
- Stir-fry chicken until browned (around 10 minutes).
- Add vegetables and stir-fry another ten minutes or so (until vegetables are hot and beginning to soften slghtly).
- Pour sauce into skillet/wok and continue stir-frying until sauce thickens (1-2 minutes).
- Serve with rice, chow mein noodles, and/or some egg drop soup. Enjoy!