Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this, and it's good, very easy, very tasty. It does need salt, and it needs a good slug of pepper sauce as mentioned in step 6.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 3 lbs diced chicken meat
- 3 cups water
- 2 lbs raw peeled shrimp
- 1 lb roasted peanuts, chopped in a food processor
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a large frypan, and cook the onion for 5 minutes to soften it.
- Add the parsley, green pepper, garlic, tomatoes and chicken.
- Stirfry for about 10 minutes over medium high heat, or until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the water, shrimps, peanuts and coconut milk.
- Simmer for another 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and looks creamy.
- Serve with steamed white rice and add pepper sauce if you wish.
One word summary I'm afraid... "bland", my apologies but even with plenty of salt and pepper this dish simply failed to taste of well... anything really.