1/1 Photo of Chicken Stew With Artichokes and Garlic
All I can say is that this is just plain good! The secret to the recipe working well is that the artichokes be as dry as possible before going into the pan
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts, not marinated, drained
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1-1/2 inch chunks)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and when hot, but not smoking, add well-drained artichokes to pan and sauté until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- 2Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Next, season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to pan and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 3Add onion, garlic, cinnamon and nutmeg to pan. Sauté until onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Pour in vinegar and scrape the bottom to remove any browned bits stuck to pan.
- 4Stir in broth and chicken. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and gently simmer, uncovered, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 15 minutes. Add reserved artichokes and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- 5Garnish with parsley and serve over rice or couscous.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stew With Artichokes and Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.9
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 739.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar