Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve this quick and very tasty stew over hot biscuits or extra potatoes.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (approx)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cut chicken into 2 inch cubes. In shallow dish, combine flour, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper; dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- In deep nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat; cook chicken for about 5 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion to pan; cook, stirring often, for about 4 minutes or until softened. Stir in stock; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Return chicken to pan. Add potato; cover and cook over medium heat for 6 minutes. Add frozen vegetables; cook, covered, for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink inside. Stir in parsley; cook for 1 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Makes 2 servings.
- TIP: Dredging is simply coating food lightly, often with seasoned flour or crumbs. Here’s how combine the dry ingredients in a shallow dish or paper bag. With tongs, dip the food you want to dredge into the flour mixture in dish, turning to coat all sides. Or, add food, one or two pieces at a time, to bag and shake. To prevent thick coating, always shake off excess.
- Easy Cooking Canadian Living’s Best.