Snowbunny Andorra's Note:
Leave out the chicken to make a vegetarian option. Make sure you season it well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and chicken and cook, stirring, until the chicken is cooked through.
- 2Over a medium heat, add the garlic and then half the spinach. Continue to stir. When that half is wilted, add the second half. Once this is cooked through, place in a colander or sieve over a bowl and allow to cool. Discard any liquid that drains off.
- 3Once cool, place in a bowl and mix through the eggs, feta and nutmeg and season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Pre-heat over to 200C/180C if fan assisted. Melt the butter.
- 5Take a circular oven-proof dish or springform tin, approximately 8 to 9 inches in diameter. Lay one sheet of filo across the dish, so that one side and the base is covered, and the rest hangs over the other side. Brush well with melted butter, then lay another sheet of filo in a similar way, at ninety degrees to the first. Repeat with the other two, so that there's an overhang in each of four directions. This will be used to cover the filling.
- 6Place the filling in the dish, on top of the pastry. Bring one of the ends of the pastry over the filling. Brush with butter, fold another over and repeat until all four ends are covering the top of the pie. Brush the top with butter and pop in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- 7Let sit for 5 minutes before serving, to prevent it breaking up.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Spinach and Feta Filo Pie
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 614.7
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 270.4 mg
- Sodium 982.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 32.6 g