Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is quick and simple--great for a busy family. Kids love this and it's healty too. Easy to double for larger families.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, cut in half crosswise
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packagecreamy pesto sauce mix
- 2 (16 ounce) cans ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 egg
- In Dutch oven, combine chicken, celery, carrots, onions, pesto sauce mix and broth; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal and baking powder; mix well. Add milk, oil and egg; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Drop dumpling dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto boiling soup. Cover; cook 12 to 15 minutes or until dumplings are fluffy and no longer doughy on bottom.