Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Chicken, zucchini and noodles. Very good for a cold winter night
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- Heat oil in large saucepan over med-high heat until hot.
- Add pepper, onion, zucchini and garlic. Cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT Noodles and parmesan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook for 12-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle Servings with Parmesan Cheese.
Nice, easy soup. I didn't have any cooked chicken, so I just sauteed a chicken tenderloin in the pan while I was chopping the veggies, so I didn't lose any time. I added extra garlic (because I love it), used multigrain rotini and low-sodium chicken broth, and omitted the oil (used nonstick cooking spray). The only thing I may do differently next time is to use a second pot to boil the pasta in while sauteeing the veggies, as I like my veggies a little crisper. But that would just be a personal preference thing; the recipe is yummy as-is! Thanks for sharing!