Recipe by msboogie
I'm a dump and pour kind of cook, so it was hard to decide amounts, but this is an easy, "what should we do with chicken breasts?" recipe that is quick and healthy, too. This recipe is very forgiving. Like a lot of garlic? Add more! Don't like oregano? Leave it out!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (I prefer Progresso)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb cooked linguine (or any other pasta)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat oil and brown chicken breasts over medium heat.
- Remove chicken from heat and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté peppers and onions until slightly limp.
- Add garlic and stir.
- As soon as you smell the garlic, add crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Spices can be increased, decreased or altered to taste.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Serve over linguine.