I'm a dump and pour kind of cook, so it was hard to decide amounts, but this is an easy, "what should we do with chicken breasts?" recipe that is quick and healthy, too. This recipe is very forgiving. Like a lot of garlic? Add more! Don't like oregano? Leave it out!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (I prefer Progresso)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb cooked linguine (or any other pasta)
- 1In a large non-stick frying pan, heat oil and brown chicken breasts over medium heat.
- 2Remove chicken from heat and set aside.
- 3In the same pan, sauté peppers and onions until slightly limp.
- 4Add garlic and stir.
- 5As soon as you smell the garlic, add crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- 6Add remaining ingredients.
- 7Spices can be increased, decreased or altered to taste.
- 8Return chicken to pan.
- 9Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- 10Serve over linguine.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken "sorta" Cacciatore
Serving Size: 1 (582 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.2
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 802.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 36.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: