Recipe by Danielle #23
This is a quick, easy, comforting meal cosisting of lean chicken breast, creamy sauce & healthy broccoli.
Top Review by dcurti7406
My boyfriend is the pickiest eater ever. I was looking for something new to add to our dinner rotation, he was a little scared at first but I convinced him to try it... He loved it. This will be a regular in our dinner menu. Thanks so much for the recipe!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup marsala (could sub white wine or chicken stock)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- instant rice, see below
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup shredded 2% cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- The Instant Rice should be 1 packet of Knorr Rice Sides, Broccoli Cheddar flavor. Heat the oil in a large skillet over Med-high heat. Add in the chicken breast & brown on both sides (approx 5-6 mins/side). Lightly sprinkle the chicken on each side with the paprika & pepper while browning. Remove chicken from the pan & add the marsala to deglaze the pan. Stir for a couple seconds to release the brown bits into the sauce. Add the soup & sour cream. Stir together. Add the rice, water & broccoli florets & return chicken to pan. Bring to a boil, then simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Be sure to stir the rice so it doesnt stick.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the skillet & cover until melted.
- Serve & Enjoy!