1/3 Photos of Chicken Scampi (Diabetic)
ALWAYS inspired by what I find on the Internet, TRUE! LOVE the EASE and simplicity too! HEALTHY, nutritious, simple as can be! This "inspired" (and slighly changed) DIABETIC FOR DUMMIES COOKBOOK RECIPE by ALAN RUBIN is a DEFINATE keeper for ME!!! NOTE: To make the strips easier to do, I cut the chicken breast square to start too! One inch strips, than between baking paper, lightly pounded away, HOPING this recipe WILL make your day! Used FRESH herbs as does make a difference too! :) Original recipe says to place under broiler for 8 minutes; when pounded thin, can fry in heated pan (no oil) for 30 seconds each side until light brown, saving HEAPS of time too! PREP time does NOT include marinading overnight :) NOTE: I used chicken breasts cut into 1 inch strips about 4 ounces each NOTE: I added some spinach at the end until it wilted for extra colour and serve of veggie too :) WHOO HOO!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine, divided
- 5 skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup roma tomato, diced
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese
- 1Combine the pepper, half the garlic, the salt, oregano, parsley, lemon juice, and half of the wine in a resealable plastic bag.
- 2Add the chicken. Mix gently to coat the chicken with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for several hours (overnight is best).
- 3HEAT frypan, cook chicken until lightly golden brown and cooked.
- 4HINT: Cook in small batches and keep warm until sauce is made.
- 5After chicken is cooked heat the olive oil in a saute pan. Saute the remaining garlic, until fragrant, but not browned.
- 6Add the remaining white wine to the saute pan and scrape to remove any bits on the pan. Add the remaining marinade and chicken stock. Bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce the sauce by half. Stir in the butter and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, as needed. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Top with the Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Scampi (Diabetic)
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.5
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 106.5 mg
- Sodium 438.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 34.0 g