1 hr 20 mins
Stacey Sweet's Note:
A twist on the traditional chicken soup. Great anytime of year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the cabbage, leeks, carrots and onions in the butter.
- 2Add the cold chicken stock, barley and the chicken leg.
- 3Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for 1 hour or until both the chicken and barley are cooked.
- 4Remove the chicken leg, bone it, cut the meat into cubes and add to soup.
- 5Sprinkle with chives and season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Savoy Cabbage and Barley Soup
Serving Size: 1 (2009 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.4
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 26.6 mg
- Sodium 265.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 8.8 g