Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A twist on the traditional chicken soup. Great anytime of year.
Make and share this Chicken, Savoy Cabbage and Barley Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Saute the cabbage, leeks, carrots and onions in the butter.
- Add the cold chicken stock, barley and the chicken leg.
- Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for 1 hour or until both the chicken and barley are cooked.
- Remove the chicken leg, bone it, cut the meat into cubes and add to soup.
- Sprinkle with chives and season with salt and pepper.