Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the Dash for Health Web site.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth, You may need up to a Cup
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit, I used a cup of trail mix nuts and fruit
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, Toasted coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Sauté Chicken in the olive oil until done.
- Remove Chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Lower heat, add Garlic and cook stirring for 1 minute, do not brown.
- Raise heat add Broth and deglaze pan.
- Reduce heat to medium, stir in dried Fruits, Walnuts, Honey, Vinegar and Thyme.
- Cover and simmer 3 minutes. Return the Chicken to the pan.
- Add more Broth if needed should be some liquid in pan.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until the Chicken is done.
- Stir in Corn Starch mixture and boil until slightly thickened.
- Stir in Parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve Chicken topped with the sauce over rice.
REALLY enjoyed making this today! Glad recipe jumped out at me and came my way! Made two batches, thought would try, Added 2 Tbsp jellied cranberry sauce after taking it off the heat and don't know why...but was good too!