Recipe by John W Wenzelburger
This is from the Dash for Health Web site.
Top Review by mickeydownunder
REALLY enjoyed making this today! Glad recipe jumped out at me and came my way! Made two batches, thought would try, Added 2 Tbsp jellied cranberry sauce after taking it off the heat and don't know why...but was good too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth, You may need up to a Cup
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit, I used a cup of trail mix nuts and fruit
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, Toasted coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté Chicken in the olive oil until done.
- Remove Chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Lower heat, add Garlic and cook stirring for 1 minute, do not brown.
- Raise heat add Broth and deglaze pan.
- Reduce heat to medium, stir in dried Fruits, Walnuts, Honey, Vinegar and Thyme.
- Cover and simmer 3 minutes. Return the Chicken to the pan.
- Add more Broth if needed should be some liquid in pan.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until the Chicken is done.
- Stir in Corn Starch mixture and boil until slightly thickened.
- Stir in Parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve Chicken topped with the sauce over rice.