Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is great with Peanut Noodle Salad. It's refreshing and a nice change of pace from your average grilled chicken. If you don't have bamboo skewers, don't worry... I don't use them half the time either. Just grill chicken and enjoy.
- 16 bamboo skewers
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh grated
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 3 inches piece lemongrass, sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Soak bamboo skewars for atleast 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat oil in small saucepan. Combine shallots, garlic, ginger, lemon grass and jalepeno and saute for 5 minutes on medium low heat. Put remaining marinade ingredients in a seperate bowl and add cooked mixture. Let cool. Cut chicken breast into 16 slices (appoximately 1 oz each). Pour over chicken and refrigerate atleast 1 hour.
- Meanwhile mix yogurt sauce ingredients, cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat grill. Skewer each piece of chicken with one skewer. Place chicken on grill and cook 2 minutes on each side. Serve with yogurt sauce.