Recipe by weekend cooker
a nice grilling recipe meal, from budget meals $10.00 and under. Cooking time includes marinading time.
Top Review by I'mPat
These packed good flavour, I did not have a serrano chilli so used a small red thai chilli and put than in the mix, if the DM wasn't dining I would have used 1 for real pow factor. I got 4 skewers with 6 pieces on and 3 with 4 pieces on, my 6 thighes once excess fat was removed weighed just over 700grams and I was hoping to have at least one of skewers with 4 pieces on it to have in some pita bread tomorrow for lunch but the 3 of us ate up the lot. Served with recipe #46493 by ratherbeswimmin' and the sweetness and the slight spicyness of couscous well well with the rich spicy peanut satay. Thank you weekend cooker, made for Please Review My Recipe.
- 78.07 ml dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 14.79 ml toasted cumin seed
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 14.79 ml dark sesame oil
- 4.92 ml toasted coriander seed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 78.07 ml light coconut milk
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1.23 ml ground turmeric
- 1 serrano chili, stem removed
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 36 pieces
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Add coconut milk,brown sugar, fresh ginger, and ground turmeric, and serrano chile and process until smooth.
- Spoon this mixture into a large zip-loc bag, add chicken, and seal.
- Marinate for 1 hour, turning after 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from bag, and dicard marinade.
- Thread chicken evenly onto 12 (6 inch) skewers, and lightly sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Grill 6 minutes on each side, or until chicken is done.