1/1 Photo of Chicken Satay
1 hr 15 mins
weekend cooker's Note:
a nice grilling recipe meal, from budget meals $10.00 and under. Cooking time includes marinading time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 78.07 ml dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 14.79 ml toasted cumin seed
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 14.79 ml dark sesame oil
- 4.92 ml toasted coriander seed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 78.07 ml light coconut milk
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1.23 ml ground turmeric
- 1 serrano chili, stem removed
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 36 pieces
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1Combine the first 7 ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- 2Add coconut milk,brown sugar, fresh ginger, and ground turmeric, and serrano chile and process until smooth.
- 3Spoon this mixture into a large zip-loc bag, add chicken, and seal.
- 4Marinate for 1 hour, turning after 30 minutes.
- 5Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 6Remove chicken from bag, and dicard marinade.
- 7Thread chicken evenly onto 12 (6 inch) skewers, and lightly sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 8Grill 6 minutes on each side, or until chicken is done.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Satay
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.4
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 85.9 mg
- Sodium 387.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 23.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk