24 hrs 30 mins
Tricia Fitch's Note:
I got this recipe from Home Cooking April 2007. I made it and it was delectable... I went nuts when i lost the recipe but I found it again last week. So to safeguard it, I'm posting it and sharing with everyone! You need to prepare the marinade overnight (sometimes I even marinate for 2 days). In the ingredients list, items marked with a (M) indicate it's an ingredient for the marinade. Items marked with a (D) indicate it's for the dipping sauce. This goes great with white steamed rice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 lb skinless chicken breast half (cut into 1 inch strips)
- 24 wooden skewers
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (M)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (M)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (M)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped, plus additional
- fresh cilantro, for garnish (M)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot (M)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (M)
- 2 teaspoons hot chili paste (M)
- 1Marinade: In food processor with a metal blade, process oil, soy sauce, lime juice, cilantro, gingerroot, brown sugar, and hot chili paste until well mixed.
- 2Pour marinade into a zip-top plastic bag and add chicken strips. Zip bag and turn it to coat all pieces.
- 3Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- 4Dipping Sauce: The next day, prepare the dipping sauce by processing the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes in food processor with a metal blade.
- 5Pour into a serving bowl and set aside at room temperature.
- 6Preheat the broiler.
- 7Line a broiler pan with foil.
- 8Weave two marinated chicken strips onto each skewer, pushing them together tward the non pointed end.
- 9Place skewers on prepared broiler pan and broil until cooked through and brown on the outside, about 5 minutes.
- 10Turn skewers over halfway through cooking time.
- 11Serve hot with the dipping sauce. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- 12You can also use the a BBQ grill for these!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Satay
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.4
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 1979.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 33.6 g