Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yes, another one - just a little different
Make and share this Chicken Saltimbocca recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage leaf, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pound chicken breasts between pieces of plastic wrap until 1/4" thinck. In shallow dish, mix flour, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and salt. Coat chicken with flour mixture; shake off excess flour.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook about 8 minutes, turning once, until browned on outside and no longer pink in center. Top each chicken breast with 1 slice prosciutto and 1 slice mozzarella cheese. Cover skillet tightly; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle sage over chicken. Remove chicken from skillet to serving platter; cover loosely with tent of foil, being careful not to let foil touch cheese.
- Increase heat to high. Add broth to skillet. Heat to boiling, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Boil about 3 minutes or until broth is reduced to about 1/4 cup. Remomve from heat; beat in butter. Spoon over chicken.
I have never heard of chicken Saltimbocca before so this is the only one for me!! It was so quick and easy to make and tasted great!! I could not find fresh sage leaves so I just sprinkled some of the Italian seasoning on it at the end. Will make this again was very quick and tasty!! Made for Fall 2009 PAC.