Recipe by Elizabeth Fullerton
I can make this after work in twenty minutes. It is very easy and good.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 lb boneless chicken cutlet
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 slices prosciutto (about 2 1/2 oz)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 small fresh sage leaves (rinsed)
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 cup prepared tomato sauce (tomato and basil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place flour in shallow bowl. Dip chicken in flour, coating both sides, then shaking off any excess.Place oil in pan and swirl to coat.Allow time for oil to heat.
- Add chicken; cook 3–4 minutes on one side.
- Turn chicken; reduce heat to medium. Place one slice of the prosciutto on each cutlet and sprinkle with pepper; add one sage leaf and top with one slice of the cheese. Cover and cook 3–4 more minutes. Do not overcook, chicken will get tough.
- Meanwhile, place pasta sauce in microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH 3–4 minutes or until hot. Spoon sauce onto serving plates, place chicken on sauce, and serve.