Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Rachael Ray Mag 11/08. I love that this is so easy and quick, and has so few ingredients! Would be even quicker & easier using an already cooked rotisserie chicken, and easy to lighten up using low fat sour cream and cheese. We like things pretty spicy so I added 2 seeded and diced jalapeno chiles and loved it that way!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄4 lbs chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 2 (16 ounce) jars salsa verde
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 8 ounces mexican cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375. In a large skillet, heat oil over med. heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once until cooked through, 10-12 minutes. Let stand until cool , then shred the meat into a large bowl. Stir in the salsa, kidney beans, onion and sour cream.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish, scatter 1 cup tortilla chips on the bottom and top with half the chicken mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat the layers and cover with remaining 1 cup tortilla chips. Bake until the cheese is bubbly, about 30 minutes.
very good thank you for posting
only giving 3 stars since my DH did not really like this. I think it was the salsa verde - too tangy. I, however, enjoyed it. Cut the recipe in half and cooked in 8x8 glass dish. Thanks