Recipe by Baby Kato
I hope that you will enjoy this simple tasty salad as much as we have. The dressing is best served at room temperature.
Top Review by threeovens
I like that there are a lot of interesting and healthy things in this salad. The dressing is really different. This is perfect for those mason jar salads that you prepare ahead of time so you have a nice salad everyday for lunch at work, which is exactly what I did.
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice, meyer
- 2⁄3 cup light olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic chives, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons candied ginger, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons candied lemon peel, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, coarse
- 1 -2 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, diced
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, baby
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chunks, skinned
- 1 red onion, sliced in rings
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, whole
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 apple, spartan, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup green seedless grape, halved
- 1⁄8 cup macadamia nuts, halved & roasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Into your electric blender add sugar, maple syrup, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, garlic chives, candied ginger and candied lemon peel, sea salt and jalapeño pepper.
- Puree the mixture until smooth.
- Let the dressing sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Place all the prepared salad ingredients into a large bowl, toss with dressing and enjoy.