Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I hope that you will enjoy this simple tasty salad as much as we have. The dressing is best served at room temperature.
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice, meyer
- 2⁄3 cup light olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic chives, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons candied ginger, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons candied lemon peel, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, coarse
- 1 -2 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, diced
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, baby
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chunks, skinned
- 1 red onion, sliced in rings
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, whole
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 apple, spartan, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup green seedless grape, halved
- 1⁄8 cup macadamia nuts, halved & roasted
- Into your electric blender add sugar, maple syrup, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, garlic chives, candied ginger and candied lemon peel, sea salt and jalapeño pepper.
- Puree the mixture until smooth.
- Let the dressing sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Place all the prepared salad ingredients into a large bowl, toss with dressing and enjoy.
I like that there are a lot of interesting and healthy things in this salad. The dressing is really different. This is perfect for those mason jar salads that you prepare ahead of time so you have a nice salad everyday for lunch at work, which is exactly what I did.
a very nice salad, could use a lettle less pepper though. But my mom and dad LOVED the recipe and cleaned their plates
Made half a recipe (& although I used all the ingredients listed, I did reduce the jalapeno pepper to less than 1/2 teaspoon) & really enjoyed the sweet dressing ~ AND it was spicy enough for us! I even had some candied lemon peel from when I made some several months ago! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Made & reviewed for a member of my group in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #17]