Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep2 hrs 30 mins
This is a chicken salad with a Mediterranean flair! The ingredient amounts for the dressing can be adjusted, but start with listed amounts, all other amounts for this recipe can be increased if desired. The capers and currants are optional, but I like to add them in. This is the perfect salad to serve to company, it has lots of flavor! If you are serving more than 4 people then double the recipe. Plan ahead the salad needs to chill for 2 hours before serving. Can use leftover turkey in place of chicken.
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tarragon or 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard (or to taste)
- 3 -4 cups cooked chicken breasts, cut into small pieces (can use dark meat also)
- 3⁄4 cup orzo pasta (can use more, or any small pasta desired)
- 6 -7 cherry tomatoes, halved (or to taste)
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained (cut off any tough ends)
- 3⁄4-1 cup kalamata olive (can use regular black olives, sliced)
- 1 -2 tablespoon capers (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup dried currant (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Boil the orzo pasta in boiling salted water until JUST firm-tender; drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a small bowl combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice and mustard; whisk to combine, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and mix in about 1/4 cup dressing; toss to combine.
- Add in cooked orzo, halved cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives and capers (if using) mix to combine.
- Add in the remaining dressing and mix.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of at least 2 hours before serving.