Years ago, I copied this out of a cookbook I had borrowed from the library called "The New Carry-Out Cuisine" and recently found it again. "Herbes de Provence" is a French herbal blend that contains lavender. If you like a little extra crunch, you may add some homemade croutons or sunflower seeds or sliced almonds as an additional garnish. I poach the chicken the evening before and let them chill overnight. You can use leftover roasted chicken or turkey if you prefer - just make sure you have enough to equal about 3/4 cup meat per serving. Prep time assumes you are starting with already cooked & chilled poultry. Cook time is actually chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, poached in chicken broth and chilled
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1/2 cup green onions or 1/2 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 6 cups mixed salad greens, washed & dried
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberry, approximately,as garnish
- crouton (optional)
- sunflower seeds (optional)
- chopped nuts, additional garnish (optional)
- 1Slice each chicken breast half into thin strips or cut into bite-sized chunks.
- 2Combine chicken with peppers and onions.
- 3Mix together dressing ingredients, adding salt& pepper to taste.
- 4If you like more sweetness, add a little extra jam.
- 5Pour only some of the dressing over the chicken mixture- go very lightly.
- 6Toss chicken mixture to combine- it should be wet enough to your liking, but not drenched and pop in the fridge to chill about 15 minutes.
- 7(If you prefer, you may chill this for up to 1 hour before serving.).
- 8Line a large salad bowl,platter, or 6 small serving plates with an attractive mixture of salad greens and set aside.
- 9Place dressed chicken salad on top of lettuce.
- 10Allow guests to drizzle additional dressing atop each portion or drizzle some over the whole salad just before serving.
- 11You may have extra dressing left over or you may need to make extra- if really depends on how much dressing you prefer.
- 12Garnish salad with a few fresh raspberries per serving.
- 13If desired, add a crunchy garnish as well (I like homemade croutons).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad with Hint of Raspberry & Lavender Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.8
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 79.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens
herbes de provence