1/2 Photos of Chicken Salad With Fennel, Orange and Olives (Ww Core)
An adaptation of a Cooking Light recipe. This is light and refreshing with a pleasing contrast between the sweetness of the orange and dressing, the licorice flavor of the fennel and the saltiness of the olives. Perfect for lunch or brunch. Since there is no dairy involved, this salad travels well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulbs (1 small bulb or 1/2 large bulb)
- 1/4 small red onion, cut into thin half moon slices
- 1 large navel orange (see prep note below)
- 1 cup cooked boneless skinless chicken breast (cubed or shredded)
- 6 kalamata olives, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1Prepare the dressing by whisking all ingredients together in a small bowl. Reserve.
- 2To prepare the salad:.
- 3Slice the fennel bulb in half lengthwise. Cut the bulb halves into very thin slices, 1/8 inch thick or less, until you have the suggested amount. Repeat with the red onion.
- 4To make the orange segments, use a sharp knife trim the bottom of the orange just enough to create a stable base. Cut the peel off the orange just trimming off the peel and membrane. Cut the orange in half. Take the blade end run it against the membrane of each segment to separate each segment. Add segments to the fennel.
- 5Peel orange, and cut in half lengthwise. Cut orange halves horizontally into slices. Combine orange and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, and toss well.
- 6Dice the chicken breast into 1/2 inch cubes or shred into pieces. Add to the salad along with the olives.
- 7Toss dressing into the salad and let sit for 10 minutes and serve. This can be made up to 12 hours in advance and kept in the icebox.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad With Fennel, Orange and Olives (Ww Core)
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.9
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 59.5 mg
- Sodium 201.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar