Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A really great tasting chicken salad to serve at any special luncheon, bridal or baby shower, potluck or picnic.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken (I used 4 - 8 oz. ea. boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup minced green bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup roasted & salted pecans, chopped (I purchased these from a Mills Fleet Farm Store)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3 -5 dashes black pepper
- 14 -16 miniature croissants
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan, add the 4- (8 oz.) chicken breasts.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes; remove and set aside to cool.
- When completely cooled, cut chicken into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, add the cut-up chicken, celery, green peppers, dried cranberries and pecans.
- In another bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, paprika, seasoning salt and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to the chicken mixture; mix to blend well.
- Chill 2-3 hours in refrigerator before serving.
- When ready to serve, put several tablespoons of chicken filling between sliced mini croissant rolls.
- Makes about 14 to 16 mini sandwiches.
I didn't think this was the best I've had but its alright. I also didn't add cranberries cause i didn't have any. I also didn't make the full batch so I had to adjust to what I felt looked right. I might keep working with it though.
Thank you for this great sandwich,this was the perfect spread for croissants.I made it exactly as you said except for the cranberries,as I did not have them.but it was excellent without them.Thanks,Darlene