Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband is a real stickler for good chicken salad and is usually disappointed with different ones he tries. I never ate or made chicken salad sandwiches before this recipe so I had no idea what I was going for but he was thoroughly impressed and has decided this recipe is his new ultimate favorite! I'm glad I could impress on my very first try! Note: I tend not to measure things when I cook so most of these ingredients are based on taste or how much looks right for the recipe. The measurements are approximations of what I used to make this and can be varied based on how you like it. Super easy! Super yummy!
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken (not too small of pieces, ~ 3/4 -1 in. cubes)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (we used real mayo, more or less for taste of consistency)
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon good white wine (more or less based on taste)
- 1 medium stalk celery, small chop
- 1 -2 leaf basil, finely chopped
- chopped walnuts
- bread or roll
- Mix all ingredients together (except bread) and let sit in fridge for at least 30 minutes (would probably be good sitting for longer, i.e. a couple hours or overnight, but we didn't do this and it was great right away.)
- Put filling on bread or rolls and serve!
I bought a rotisserie chicken for another recipe but forgot to get the rest of the ingredients. So I needed a recipe that used cooked chicken and on-hand ingredients. I found this recipe & could not be happier! My family LOVED this recipe. We love chicken salad but we have been making it a different way every time looking for the perfect one. So many use a lot of fruits and we aren't big on the sweetness. I loved how simple & classic this recipe was. I usually use pecans in place of walnuts (DD is allergic) but I had just used them all up. Everything else was on hand & made this super easy to mix up. I added fine ground sea salt, fresh ground black pepper & some extra basil. The mixture was very creamy but it didn't taste over mayo'd like some recipes do. My hard to please chicken salad lovers, DH & DS, were very impressed & would like to have this one again in the future. Thank you so much for sharing your creation, chef #773560. I do so hope you post more of your favorites! :) Made & enjoyed for New Kids on the Block tag game.