My husband is a real stickler for good chicken salad and is usually disappointed with different ones he tries. I never ate or made chicken salad sandwiches before this recipe so I had no idea what I was going for but he was thoroughly impressed and has decided this recipe is his new ultimate favorite! I'm glad I could impress on my very first try! Note: I tend not to measure things when I cook so most of these ingredients are based on taste or how much looks right for the recipe. The measurements are approximations of what I used to make this and can be varied based on how you like it. Super easy! Super yummy!
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken (not too small of pieces, ~ 3/4 -1 in. cubes)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (we used real mayo, more or less for taste of consistency)
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon good white wine (more or less based on taste)
- 1 medium stalk celery, small chop
- 1 -2 leaf basil, finely chopped
- chopped walnuts
- bread or roll
- Mix all ingredients together (except bread) and let sit in fridge for at least 30 minutes (would probably be good sitting for longer, i.e. a couple hours or overnight, but we didn't do this and it was great right away.)
- Put filling on bread or rolls and serve!