Recipe by Chef on the coast
I am a huge fan of chicken salad sandwiches. I am not sure where this recipe came from. I love to make this and take it to church functions when just the women get together.
Top Review by Efz001 in the Midwest US
I've made this salad twice. The first with chicken for my meat eating friends and the second time vegan for my boyfriend. For the vegan dish, I added tempeh in the place of the chicken, used vegannaise and did not add the cheese. Instead of using the celery I added a tablespoon of relish and that worked out wonderfully for both dishes. This is a nice summer recipe!! I also added some spices such as onion powder and garlic powder just to give some extra flavor. Very tasty! I will be making this again!
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds (not the shells)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- lettuce leaf
- 4 pita breads, halved or 8 slices bread