4 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Witch Doctor's Note:
The taste of this classy french salad is enhanced by using chicken breast strips. My version uses a Lemon-Lime marinade for the chicken strips and grilling them on my George Forman Grill. The taste of the lemon-lime chicken in the salad will absolutely tingle your taste buds!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Marinade
- 1 cup tequila lemon lime margarita mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash cayenne
- lemon pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1 medium size baking potato, cooked, drained, and cooled
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans, blanched and rinsed in cold water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- romaine lettuce leaf
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 medium size red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium size green pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1Place the chicken strips into a large resealable plastic bag.
- 2Combine seasonings and tequila mix. Add marinade to the bag with the chicken. Seal the bag, and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight.
- 3Prepare George forman Grill and cook chicken 4 to 6 minutes or until done.
- 4Peel and slice potato; arrange slices in a shallow dish. drain green beans, and trim ends. Place beans over potatoes in dish. Set aside.
- 5Combine oil, vinegar, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper in a jar. Cover tightly, and shake until well blended.
- 6Drizzle half of dressing over potato-bean mixture. cover mixture with plastic wrap, and chill 30 minutes. Set remaining dressing aside.
- 7Arrange lettuce leaves on 4 dinner plates. Spoon potato-bean mixture on lettuce leaves. Divide tomatoes, red onion, green pepper, and chicken evenly on potato-bean mixture. Pour remaining dressing over top. garnish salad with capers. cover each salad with plastic wrap, and chill at least 2 hours.
- 8Serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad Nicoise
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.9
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 229.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: