Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got this off a mailing list. I am always looking for new pasta recipes that are different from the traditional.
- 12 ounces rotini pasta, uncooked
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar, Roasted Garlic flavor
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- In an large pot, cook rotini according to package directions and drain. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in the same pot used for pasta.
- Add chicken, onion, garlic and salt and saute over high heat 4 mins, stirring frequently.
- Add rice vinegar and basil and continue to cook on high 2-3 mins or until most of the vinegar has evaporated.
- Stir in stewed tomatoes and heat through.
- Serve over rotini.
- If desired, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh-ground black pepper.
This turned out really good! I pretty much followed the recipe exactly as written, I just adjusted the amounts for the 2 of us. I was a little nervous about the rice vinegar, but it added that perfect little zip to the finished dish. I will make this again!