Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This looks really good! I haven't made it yet but I hope to soon. UPDATE: 3-23-09 This is a keeper. Made with refrigerated spinach & ricota ravioli (thanks moms). I added mushrooms :), and of course extra garlic. I used pettie tomatoes instead of crushed and added italian seasoning. The taste of the sauce is great! it comes out very "saucy"
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups sliced zucchini (about 1 large)
- 1 (25 ounce) packagefrozen chicken ravioli
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons romano cheese
- fresh basil, springs (optional)
- . Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and saute 1 mintue.
- Add tomatoes and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered,
- 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add zucchini; cook 5 additional minutes or until tender. 2.
- While zucchini cooks, cook ravioli according to package directions. Drain well. Place on a
- large serving platter. Top with tomato mixture, and sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with basil
- sprigs, if desired.