A chicken and bacon quesadilla, just like they serve at Applebees Resteraunt.
Make and share this Chicken Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices lean bacon (sliced into 1/2" pieces)
- 2 flour tortillas (8" diameter)
- softened butter (, softened for lightly spreading on tortilla shells)
- 1 tablespoon pico de gallo
- 1⁄4 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
- picante sauce or salsa
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Slice bacon and fry until bacon starts to turn crisp but not hard and brittle.
- Remove from pan, drain bacon and set aside.
- Spread butter lightly on one side of the flour tortilla shell.
- Place buttered side of shell down, into a non-stick fry pan that has been preheated on medium heat.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of bacon over entire shell, then add 1 tablespoon Pico de gallo, and 1/4 cup shredded Colby/Monterey Jack cheese over the bacon.
- Add pieces of the cooked chicken.
- Place the second flour shell on top of fixings, buttered side up.
- Cook for about one- two minutes just long enough to heat the inside ingredients and then carefully flip the quesadilla on the other side and finish cooking.
- The quesadilla should be heated through but not browned.
- Remove quesadilla and place on a serving dish and cut into individual triangle serving pieces.
- Serve quesadillas with your favorite guacamole sour cream, and picante sauce.