I have cooked chicken pot pie many times and have finally perfected a recipe which is a success. It has the right consistency and flavor which we enjoy. And now, I'm sharing this easy dish with you!
- Cook chicken breasts in salted water until done. Cool and chop.
- In same water cook onions, celery, carrots and potatoes until almost done, then drain, reserving 1/2 cup of broth.
- In a bowl mix 1/4 cup sour cream (no more) with soup and 1/2 cup broth. Fold in chopped chicken, vegetables and soup mixture. Pour into a 3 quart casserole baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese over mixture. Open biscuits and separate each in half to make 10 biscuits, a "must do" because I have found they don't get completely done in the middle if left whole. Cover top of casserole with the 10 biscuits pieces.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes until biscuits are brown.