Recipe by dale!
This is a very cool way to serve sandwiches! Of course the fillings can be adjusted to whatever your preference is. Prep time does not include fridge time.
- 500 g chicken tenderloins or 500 g skinless chicken breasts (sliced into strips)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- 200 g hummus
- 1 bunch snow pea sprouts, washed and chopped into 1 cm lengths
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, juice and spices in a small bowl with the chicken and marinate for several hours or overnight.
- Cook chicken in a heated oiled grill pan until cooked through.
- Split bread loaf in half lengthways.
- Spread hummus evenly over both cut edges.
- Arrange all vegetables evenly over base and top with the chicken, then the remaining bread half.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refridgerate for 1 hour, or longer.
- Cut loaf in 6 portions.
- Portions can be secured by tying with string or skewering.