Savoury Sausage Picnic Loaf
I used to make this for the family to take to school in their sandwiches. Typical Aussie Kid's, they loved it with Tomato Sauce. This is also great for a picnic. I had forgotten about this recipe, mum used to dice, carrots, celery and also add peas and added them to this recipe. I think this was the economical way of making something different for school lunches.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 500 g ground sausage
- 6 shallots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Angostura bitters
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tomatoes, peeled & chopped
- Combine all ingredients together and form into a loaf shape.
- Lightly grease a meatloaf pan or tin and spoon the mixture into the tin, making sure to press down well.
- Cover and bake at 180°C for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Drain off any excess fat from loaf.
- Let loaf sit and cool and refrigerate.
- Serve cold and slice thinly to serve.