1/2 Photos of Chicken Piccata Pasta Toss
Dine & Dish's Note:
My friend Amy made this the other day and it is so delicious! I asked for the recipe and can't wait to make it myself. I hope you enjoy this impressive dish as much as I did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/3 lbs chicken breast tenders, cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lb penne rigate, cooked to al dente
- chopped or snipped chives, to garnish
- 1Heat a deep nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- 2Add a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil and the chicken to the pan.
- 3Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 4Brown chicken until lightly golden all over, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- 5Remove chicken from pan and return the skillet to the heat.
- 6Reduce heat to medium.
- 7Add another tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter, the garlic and shallots to the skillet.
- 8Saute garlic and shallots 3 minutes.
- 9Add flour and cook 2 minutes.
- 10Whisk in wine and reduce liquid 1 minute.
- 11Whisk lemon juice and broth into sauce.
- 12Stir in capers and parsley.
- 13When the liquid comes to a bubble, add remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter to the sauce to give it a little shine.
- 14Add chicken back to the pan and heat through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 15Toss hot pasta with chicken and sauce and serve.
- 16Adjust salt and pepper, to your taste.
- 17Top with fresh snipped chives.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Piccata Pasta Toss
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 607.4
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 86.6 mg
- Sodium 484.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 39.6 g