Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yum. The two best things for dinner chicken and pasta! This dish is lovely enough to serve company
- 6 ounces whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 chicken cutlets, trimmed (3/4-1 pound total)
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Meanwhile, whisk 5 teaspoons flour and broth in a small bowl until smooth. Place the remaining flour in a shallow dish. Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper and dredge both sides in the flour. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned and no longer pink in the middle, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; keep warm.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and wine to the pan and cook until reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the reserved broth-flour mixture, lemon juice and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, and butter. Measure out 1/2 cup of the sauce. Toss the pasta in the pan with the remaining sauce. Serve the pasta topped with the chicken and the reserved sauce.