Recipe by WildLightning
This is a pizza that is inspired by a restaurant I worked in as a teen. The pizza dough recipe comes from my Breadman Healthy Bread and Recipe book that came with my bread machine.
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
Great pizza. I used Recipe #8650 for the pesto, partially cooked the chicken and we cooked it on the KJ with a pizza stone. Loved how many different flavors were on the pizza.
- 1 1⁄8 cups warm water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 ounces diced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (7 ounce) can mushrooms (or fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the ingredients for the dough in the bread machine in the order given (ending with the yeast). Set to the dough cycle.
- When done, remove to floured board, if using immediately. Or place in a bowl greased with olive oil, turn to coat it, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Shape pizza dough into a crust, roughly 15 inches, and place on a lightly floured cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated 400 degree oven for about 8 minutes until mostly baked. (Sometimes piercing the dough with a fork beforehand helps keep air bubbles away).
- Let crust cool for a few minutes before adding toppings.
- Starting in the middle of the crust, spread out the pesto sauce in a circular motion until the pizza dough is covered.
- Sprinkle with one cup of cheese.
- Spread out remaining ingredients, holding the cheese back for last. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the toppings.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven until cheese is a light golden brown. (Approx 8-10 minutes).