Recipe by Maine-iac
This was my daughter's favorite dish (along with some of her friends). She enjoyed it so much that we had to make it a weekly recipe.
Top Review by bgifford
So good. I did as a previous reviewer suggested - rolled the chicken in melted butter before the breadcrumbs (Panko), placed the chicken in the baking dish, covered lightly and baked for 20 min. Then I added a layer of store-bought, refrigerated pesto, then a layer of freshly sauteed mushrooms, and finally the cheese, and baked uncovered for another 20 min. Came out perfectly, and my husband loved it. A definite keeper.
- 1 package pesto sauce mix
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices provolone cheese, cut in half
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pesto sauce according to package direction.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray rectangular dish (9 by 12 inch) with no-stick spray.
- Moisten chicken with water, shake off excess, and coat complete with bread crumbs.
- Place chicken in baking dish.
- Spread pesto sauce evenly over chicken breasts.
- Cover each breast with ½ slice of provolone cheese.
- Spread mushrooms over cheese.
- Bake in oven for 45- 50 minutes.
- Serve with pasta.