This was my daughter's favorite dish (along with some of her friends). She enjoyed it so much that we had to make it a weekly recipe.
- Prepare pesto sauce according to package direction.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray rectangular dish (9 by 12 inch) with no-stick spray.
- Moisten chicken with water, shake off excess, and coat complete with bread crumbs.
- Place chicken in baking dish.
- Spread pesto sauce evenly over chicken breasts.
- Cover each breast with ½ slice of provolone cheese.
- Spread mushrooms over cheese.
- Bake in oven for 45- 50 minutes.
- Serve with pasta.