Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This was my daughter's favorite dish (along with some of her friends). She enjoyed it so much that we had to make it a weekly recipe.
- Prepare pesto sauce according to package direction.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray rectangular dish (9 by 12 inch) with no-stick spray.
- Moisten chicken with water, shake off excess, and coat complete with bread crumbs.
- Place chicken in baking dish.
- Spread pesto sauce evenly over chicken breasts.
- Cover each breast with ½ slice of provolone cheese.
- Spread mushrooms over cheese.
- Bake in oven for 45- 50 minutes.
- Serve with pasta.
So good. I did as a previous reviewer suggested - rolled the chicken in melted butter before the breadcrumbs (Panko), placed the chicken in the baking dish, covered lightly and baked for 20 min. Then I added a layer of store-bought, refrigerated pesto, then a layer of freshly sauteed mushrooms, and finally the cheese, and baked uncovered for another 20 min. Came out perfectly, and my husband loved it. A definite keeper.
10 stars! Wow, wow, wow. So easy and so tasty. I used the pesto packet from Aldi's. Used 3 small breasts and an 8x8 pan. Added 1 can of artichoke hearts and 1 tomato roughly chopped (next time I will add more tomatoes). Absolutely wonderful! Made a side of steamed broccoli and we were good to go! My breading (panko) turned out really fluffy and soft and huge so next time I will make this without the breading. I am actually going to make it for friends on Saturday night again. THANKS for posting.
I love pesto, so I knew I had to try this. Art, your daughter has excellent taste! I served this with spaghetti noodles tossed with more pesto and garlic and parmessan cheese. A fabulous Sunday dinner!