1/3 Photos of Chicken Pepperoni
1 hr 10 mins
Mimi Hiller's Note:
If you're looking to impress someone, you couldn't do it better...and or easier. Just be careful that you don't overcook the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb pasta
- 1/2 whole pepperoni
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, ground (or 2 teaspoons fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, crushed (or 2 teaspoons fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- to taste olive oil (optional)
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed (or more, to taste)
- 1* I used quartered low-fat pepperoni slices without sacrificing the taste. While I needed to use olive oil to make up for the missing rendered fat, I did save considerably on cholesterol.
- 2Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 3Dice pepperoni into 1/4" cubes.
- 4Cook in frying pan over medium heat, allowing the fat from it to render out. Remove from pan and set aside. Season flour with salt, pepper, oregano, basil, garlic powder and onion powder.
- 5Cut chicken in to bite-sized chunks.
- 6Dredge chicken pieces in seasoned flour until coated.
- 7Shake off excess flour and brown in the rendered pepperoni fat (and olive oil, if needed) until the chicken is almost cooked.
- 8Remove from pan and set aside. Whisk tomato sauce, tomato paste, crushed red pepper flakes and 1/2 cup water together in pan until smooth.
- 9Return chicken and pepperoni to pan.
- 10Bring to simmer and cook, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes.
- 11Serve over a bed of pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pepperoni
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.0
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.9 mg
- Sodium 1368.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 36.1 g