- Ready In:
- 1 lb chicken thigh, cut-up
- 1 lb pepperoni, cut-up 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup roma tomato, choped
- 2 chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, tobasco is best
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups rice, long grain
- Brown the sausage in a deep skillet (do not drain the fat!) on high heat.
- Except for water and rice add all ingredients. Keep heat on high, mix constantly until onions become translucent.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Add rice to boiling water, leave heat on high, and wait for it to boil again.
- lower heat to simmer, and cover skillet for 1/2 hour, then ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!