Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Although this recipe makes 10 tarts, I suggest to double the recipe, these are really good!... they can be made ahead of time and just warmed up (but they are much better right out of the oven). Make sure that you brown the pecans beforehand, as this brings out the taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) packageregular-size refrigerated biscuits (Pillsbury is good)
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter; add the pecans and saute until lightly browned.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the chicken, celery, mayo, mustard, cream cheese, salt and nutmeg; add in pecans, mix well to combine.
- Separate the biscuits; roll each into a 4-inch circles.
- Press into 10 foil baking cups, letting the dough cover the bottom and the sides of the foil pan.
- Place the foil baking cups (purchase small ones) in muffin pans, or on a foil-lined greased cookie sheet, just sort of squeeze them in to fit, (they seem to bake out better if they are placed in muffin cups) Spoon the chicken mixture into the baking cups.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until crust in golden brown-- delicious!