Recipe by Zetty66
This is a recipe from one of Madhur Jaffrey's books. I was looking for a different way to get my husband to eat lean meats and this worked (even though he did still put it on a bun). I served it with rice and Korean dipping sauce and it was yummy--no leftovers and even the kids ate some!!!!!
Top Review by SweetySJD
Very very good! I loved the flavor. I did add some bread crumbs to the mixture. The patties were a bit soft before cooking, but they came out just the perfect texture after cooking. I served them over brown rice with hoisin sauce. Thanks!
- 2 scallions
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 inch cube fresh ginger
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the scallions crosswise into thin rounds, including some of the green. Peel and mince the garlic and finely grate the ginger.
- Put the chicken in a bowl and mix with the scallion, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds, sesame oil, soy sauce, pepper, and chili powder.
- Shape the mixture into 6 patties.
- Lightly oil a non-stick frying pan and cook until done, turning once. Recipe states these can also be grilled.
- Serve with Korean dipping sauce.
- NOTE: My patties were a bit soft so I did add a small amount of bread crumbs to help them hold their shape.