Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe I found in a Pillsbury cookbook. Very nice for a small gathering or for making a big batch for a luncheon. I am always asked for the recipe. I have never added the snow pea pods, can't find them in my grocery store, but I am sure they would be great. Serve on a bed of lettuce for a pretty presentation.
- 16 ounces uncooked rotini pasta
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, cut in cubes
- 1 cup celery, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced thinly
- 12 ounces fresh snow pea pods, trimmed and cut in half
- 8 ounces unsweetened pineapple chunks in juice, drained, and liquid reserved
- 2 cups seedless grapes, mix of red and green
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cook the rotini pasta as directed on the box and drain. Rinse well with cold water and drain again.
- In a large bowl, add cooked pasta, cooked chicken, celery, green onions, pea pods, grapes, half of almonds and pineapple tidbits.
- Mix dressing ingredients in another bowl. Pour over pasta salad ingredients and toss gently to mix well and coat all ingredients. Sprinkle the remaining toasted almonds on top of salad as garnish.