Recipe by greysangel
Cooking light recipe - Yogurt combines with cashew cream to replace heavy cream in this fragrant and traditional Pakistani dish. The spicy chicken is accompanied by refreshing pineapple and the mellow cashew-yogurt sauce. Use the pita wedges to scoop up the remaining sauce.
- 118.29 ml roasted cashews
- 473.18 ml plain low-fat yogurt
- 236.59 ml coarsely chopped onion
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh ginger
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 12.32 ml ground coriander
- 3.69 ml ground cardamom
- 3.69 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 4.92 ml salt (divided)
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breast halves (cut into thirds)
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml cubed fresh pineapple
- 29.58 ml chopped cashews, roasted
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 24 inch pita bread (each cut into 6 wedges)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1/2 cup cashews in food processor and process until smooth, about 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl once. Add yogurt and process until well blended. Remove from processor and set aside.
- Combine onion, lemon juice, ginger, and jalapeno in a blender or in a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Combine spices in a large zip lock bag. Add 1/2 tsp salt and chicken. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Add onion mixture to pan. Reduce heat to medium' cook 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring frequently. Add 1/2 tsp salt and yogurt mixture to pan; cook 3 minutes or until heated, stirring frequently.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of yogurt mixture on to each of 6 plates. Top each serving with 3 chicken pieces. Sprinkle each serving with pineapple, cashews, and cilantro. Arrange 4 pita wedges on each plate.