Purple Potatoes With Cashew Cream (Vegan Table)
This fab recipe is from The Vegan Table by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. She served them at her wedding and says the guests still talk about how good they are. I think you'll agree!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 30 small potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance margarine (14g)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 large sage leaves
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted (60g)
- 1 cup unsalted raw cashews, toasted (125g)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (12g)
- 1 cup vegetable stock (235 ml)
- Pre heat oven to 425.
- Toss potatoes with oil and roast until soft (20-30 minutes), salt and pepper to taste.
- While the potatoes roast, saute the onion and garlic in the Earth Balance margarine. Add brown sugar and a bit of salt and continue to cook until golden brown and sweet (20-25 minutes).
- While both of those are cooking in you can toast the sage leaves in oil quickly to crisp them and then drain on a paper towel. Chop or food process the sage and walnuts to a coarse crumble. Set aside.
- When the onions are ready add to them to a food processor along with the cashews, nutritional yeast and veggie stock. Blend until creamy. Add more cashews or stock to get the right consistency.
- Add salt to taste.
- Now that the potatoes have cooled cut them and half and hollow out a little bit to allow for the cream. Cut the bottom flat so they sit level. Fill with cashew cream.
- Sprinkle with the sage and walnut topping.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION