Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom developed this recipe after having a similar dish at Olive Garden. It's a nice meal when having guests over. One trick is to prepare the pasta in advance, put enough for each serving in ziplocs with a little bit of olive oil and when ready to serve, heat the bags in the microwave and empty on each plate. No sticky pasta. Everything is fresh and yummy!
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated low-fat parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (7 ounce) vermicelli
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup grated low-fat parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
- Dip chicken in butter.
- Mix bread crumbs, cheese, salt and pepper. Roll chicken in crumb mixture.
- Pour remaining butter over chicken and bake at 350* for 1 hour.
- Combine milk and butter in saucepan and cook over low heat wntil butter melts. Set aside.
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Drain. Place in a bowl, and toss with lemon juice, let stand 1 minute.
- Add cheese and warm milk mixture, tossing well.
- Serve pasta to plate, lay chicken strips on top, sprinkle with shredded parmesan and chopped parsley if available.