Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Pure comfort food. This lovely dish makes a quick and tasty weekday meal when time is short.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, added to the bread crumbs
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked, drained
- Cook pasta according to packet directions.
- Dip chicken breasts in egg whites, then in bread crumbs and Italian seasoning, turning to evenly coat both sides of chicken.
- Place in a greased oven-proof baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Top with 2 cups of the spaghetti sauce, oregano, red pepper flakes and cheeses.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes or until mozzarella cheese is melted.
- Serve over the hot cooked pasta tossed with the remaining 1 cup of spaghetti sauce, heated.