Recipe by Geema
Chicken parmesan without all the work. Thin sliced eggplant makes a wonderful addition to this great recipe.
Top Review by ashlynt
WOW!! I was a little sceptical as to how this would turn out but shame on me for being a doubter. This made an excellent chicken parmesan and as you said, without all the work. I liked the inclusion of the eggplant, too. Sauteing the chicken beforehand I think contributed to the success of this dish. I served the chicken and eggplant with noodles. Thanks for making a believer out of me ;)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 small eggplant, sliced thin
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl beat egg, salt, and pepper.
- Dip chicken into the egg, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in the olive oil, adding more if necessary.
- Arrange eggplant and the chicken in pot, (place eggplant on the bottom or it will not cook completely.) Pour pizza sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Add mozzarella cheese; sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes more.