Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy Chicken Parmesan recipe that i got from my aunt years ago. It is simple and easy to make on the days that work just seems to be the last thing i want to do. Cook time includes time that chicken cooks on stove.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 354.88 ml plain breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 14.79 ml dried oregano
- 14.79 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml cayenne
- 118.29 ml flour, on a shallow plate
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten,in a pie plate
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml prepared tomato sauce
- 354.88 ml grated mozzarella cheese
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound out to 1/2" thickness using a mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine bread crumbs, 1/4 cup parmesan, oregano, basil and cayenne in a pie plate.
- Coat each breast in the flour, shaking off any excess flour.
- Dip each breast in the egg and then into the bread crumb mixture.
- Set coated chicken aside on a plate.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet.
- Carefully add chicken to pan, cooking two pieces at a time.
- Cook until golden on both sides.
- Spread one cup of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a baking dish and top with golden chicken breasts.
- Top each breast with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve hot with spaghetti and tomato sauce.
Great recipe. Even my hubby who isn't a big chicken parm fan loved it. I added two cloves of garlic and used homemade bread crumbs and fresh basil from our garden.
Great! It was one of the best chicken parm recipes that I've tried. I added garlic powder to the flour but made the rest exactly as written. The chicken seasonings were just right and we used up leftover sauce from the previous day so all in all, we were very satisfied!
Excellent. I used a jarred Marinara sauce - actually two jars because we like plenty of sauce - and I was very pleased with the results. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!