Gluten-Free Chicken Parmesan
photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast (about two breasts)
- 2 cups gluten free cereal (rice or corn cereal)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash cayenne
- salt and black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8 X 8 inch glass baking dish with some olive oil. If chicken breasts are more than 1 inch thick, pound down to 1 inch.
- Combine cereal, parmesan cheese, Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne in a food processor. Pulse until you get a fine, even consistency from you coating mixture. Pour into a wide, shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and dredge in coating. Place in pan and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes until coating is golden.
- Remove from oven and pour 1/2 cup of sauce over each breast. Top with 1/4 cup of mozarella over each breast. Bake, uncovered for five more minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is warmed through.
- Remove from oven and lest rest for five minutes before serving.
- Serve with hot gluten free pasta or polenta and a green salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!