Recipe by fbenthin
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Chicken Paprika has been around for a very long time. My version is a little bit different. By adding a few more ingredients "Chicken Paprikash" is a whole new experience that everyone raves about. The smoked paprika is hot, so you are warned! The artichokes are a nice surprise. It is easier to cut up the chicken if it is put in the freezer for about 10 minutes. Served with rice or noodles and a green salad, it is a complete meal. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 lb bacon
- 1 cup shallot, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup baby carrots, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon paprika, smoked, hot
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke bottoms, drained and quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in a heavy, non-stick skillet until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; crumble and set aside. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings. Stir shallots and garlic into pan. Stir-fry over medium heat until shallots are soft.
- Push shallots to edge of pan. Add chicken. Stir-fry until chicken is nicely browned. Add carrots, chicken broth, wine, lemon juice and molasses. Cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle Hidden Valley Mix over chicken, then stir in the crumbled bacon, yogurt, paprika, nutmeg and artichoke bottoms. Simmer for 3 more minutes. Taste and add salt if desired.