Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Make and share this Chicken Paprikas With Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- In large pot, saute onion in margarine until lightly browned. Stir in paprika.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper. Add to pot. Brown chicken over medium heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Add water, cover and simmer on low heat for 1 hour or until chicken is tender. Add water as needed.
- Remove chicken and add water to stock to make 1 cup of liquid. Add sour cream, milk and 2 tablespoons flour. Simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Take chicken off bone, cut into bite sized pieces or shred, and add to creamed gravy. Serve over rice.
- For dumplings, mix 1/2 cup flour, egg and 1/4 teaspoons salt. Drop batter by teaspoonful into gravy as it simmers. Cook 15 minutes.